Pet Vaccinations for Gilbert Pets
Your pet is susceptible to a variety of diseases that are wholly preventable. Just like human vaccines, pet vaccinations help your pet remain healthy from harmful, and potentially fatal diseases. Gilbert pets will receive vaccines tailored specifically to them—depending on their life stage, lifestyle, and medical condition. Your pet will typically receive vaccines first as a series for newborns, and then many are given on a tri-annual basis to avoid problems associated with over-vaccination.
Protect Your Pet: Vaccinations for a Fuller Life
Protecting your pet from serious illness gives you more quality time with them as they live longer fuller lives. Cats and dogs require core vaccines to protect from prevalent diseases. Each pet's individual lifestyle may require non-core vaccines as well.
These are required vaccines that protect all pets from dangerous diseases.
- DHPP – protects from distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus
- Rabies – required by law, this vaccine protects against the incurable, fatal, and highly infectious disease.
- FVRCP – protects from feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia (feline distemper)
- Rabies – highly recommended for all cats, even those who are housebound.
These vaccines are based on your pet's lifestyle. Typically those who spend more time out of doors and in contact with other animals will benefit from these vaccines.
Dogs may receive:
- Bordetella (kennel cough) – suggested for dogs who frequent dog parks, daycare and boarding facilities, and groomers. This respiratory disease is highly infectious.
- Leptospirosis – recommended for dogs who spend time outdoors and come in contact with wildlife and water sources. A dangerous disease, it affects the kidney and liver and can spread to people.
Cats may receive:
- Feline Leukemia – recommended for cats that spend significant time unsupervised out of doors. This highly infectious, incurable disease is passed through close contact with an infected cat.
Reach Out and Learn More
Interested in learning about pet vaccinations and their effect on your pet’s health? Don’t hesitate to reach out and ask questions! Educating owners is a part of our commitment to your pet’s health.
I have seen three doctors at Priority Pet Hospital, and they have all been exceptionally kind, knowledgeable, and compassionate. This pet hospital is pretty far from where I live, but I’m never going anywhere else!
- Trine B.
Excellent care, concern and forward thinking treatments for a dog with many issues. Very grateful!
- Michael P.
This has to be one of the most professional, yet down to earth friendly staffs I've ever encountered. Whether your visit is for a happy or sad occasion, you'll receive an "at home" level of care with the utmost empathy. I love this team!!
- Kristine B.
I don't go anywhere else for my pet needs. Dr. Burns is amazing. She always takes time to listen and answers all me and my wife's questions.